Now conisdering we are in the midst of a heatwave the title of this post may seem almost ridiculous, at least I wish it did. The truth is I have just got back from Reading festival and my birthday has just passed, which have and will forever be two undeniable markers of the iminently approaching Summers end.
This has been undoubtedly one of the best Summers yet, I have spent it dancing, exploring and meeting new people. I have volunteered at two festivals and attended one as a ‘punter’ (as we now call them) unveiling a whole new amazing festival experience. Whilst it is almost all sunshine, vodka and fairy wings (you can read all about it in my Latitude blog post 😉 ) I must say cleaning out tents filled with wee and used condoms was not quite what I anticipated, like they say it’s all sh**s and giggles until someone giggles and sh**s (or wees in this case).
I have also had a ball exploring different areas of Spain on my two trips abroad this Summer with some of my oldest friends. These trips were equally as comical and slightly resemblant of the festivals in terms of their weird and wonderful goings ons.
During my adventures this Summer with friends both old and new I have learnt a lot of new lessons and since my 19th birthday has just passed (2 days passed to be exact) I thought it would be fitting to explore 19 of my new discoveries.
- Explore, the world is your Oyster go and see it. Explore places and people everyone and everywhere has a different story, discover it.
- Be open to learning and seeing new things, you can’t explore without being open and curious.
- Do not always take people at face value, the first impression you get from someone is not everything .
- No matter how alone you feel there is always someone who cares.
- Tequila is never a good idea. Like seriously, never.
- Love yourself, how other people view you is not the end of the world the most important thing is how you view yourself.
- You are never going to please everyone so stop trying.
- Not everyone is going to please you, so long as they are not hurting anyone why does it matter. Think before you speak.
- As much as we may sometimes hate to admit it our Mums know best. From friendships and boyfriends to clothes and makeup, pretty much every aspect of life really, they know best. It hurts to confess how many times I have gone out in the first outfit my Mum told me to try on after refusing and insisting I must find something else.
- Saving money is sometimes the most impossible but rewarding thing ever, a real Catch 22. But just know without doing this our adventures will be non-existent.
- It is okay to stay in your pyjamas some days. Life is tiring do not burn yourself out.
- Laughing is the cure for everything.
- DO NOT take anyone or anything for granted, nothing is guaranteed. Be grateful for everything, everyone and everyday.
- Friends are important. They keep you sane and are as weird and wonderful as you, cherish them.
- You do not have to drink alcohol to have fun.
- Set your own goals and have crazy aspirations. You can only fly as high as your wildest dreams.
- Take every day as it comes.
- Enjoy every day is it comes.
- Be kind and keep dancing like nobody is watching 😉
Lots of love,